Moving Day-Farewell Mississippi!




the fun has begun-day one!
Life has been a little chaotic, as we anticipated! Then you add kids to the mix and its B-A-N-A-N-A-S! (in my best Gwen Stefani voice)  Spent The last several months prepping for our huge move to HI & we've finally arrived in paradise.  (Totally worth the headache) We experienced a few unexpected surprises along the way, but tonight, I'm finally taking the time, to catch up the blog from these past couple of months, that have been quite an adventure.


As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband and I spent months combing through every room in our house tossing, selling and even donating so many of our belongings we no longer had any use for.  I'm so happy we did! Having done so, made unpacking a hell of a whole lot easier. This was our first TMO move we have ever done in my husbands military career. (Prior to this move- we've always moved ourselves.) This was a big deal for us! Moving never seems to get any easier. So naturally, as soon as we found out our move to Hawaii was going to be a TMO move we started hitting the blogs about PCS moves overseas. Below is a link  to a very informative blog post, (we found to be incredibly helpful) with all kinds of helpful moving tips. I also pinned a board (Moving Tips) on my pinterest page... Check it out!
 
 
 
 
Our home goods arrived a few days after we landed on the island. Timing was impeccable!(proper planning was a huge factor) for the most part everything was accounted for a couple small items broke through the process, but overall we were very satisfied with our first TMO move.  We stayed at our base lodge for about a week, before a house became available for us. Let me tell you, that was a blessing in disguise.  We have been incredibly blessed on this journey.

 
 
 
 

Here's to our first TMO move and the guys behind it all. Enjoy!




 
 








Comments